Strawberry Cheesecake Brownies
- 8 ounces (225 grams) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup (60 grams) whole wheat flour
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons unrefined or coconut sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup chocolate chips, optional
- ¼ - ½ cup berry jam or sauce
Strawberry Cheesecake Topping:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F / 175°C. Line an 8x8in pan with parchment paper or spray lightly with cooking spray.
- To make the cheesecake topping, beat together the cream cheese, eggs, and sugar until creamy. Beat in the the vanilla and then slowly add in the Greek yogurt. Set this aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix just until combined. Do not over mix!
- Spread the batter evenly into the pan and then pour on the cheesecake batter. Try to distribute it evenly.
- You can either completely cover the cheesecake filling with strawberry sauce or jam, or you can cover the cheesecake with teaspoons of jam, leaving about a centimeter between each jam-blob, and then use a knife to create swirls.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Lower the heat to 325°F / 162°C and bake for another 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool before cutting. Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- SOURCE: TEXANERIN BAKING