Cedar Plank-Grilled Salmon with Mango Kiwi Salsa
- 1 large cedar plank
- 1 cup finely diced peeled ripe mango
- 1/2 cup diced peeled kiwifruit
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- 1 serrano chile, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 4 (6-ounce) sustainable skinless salmon fillets (such as wild Alaskan)
- 1. Soak plank in water for 25 minutes.
- 2. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 3. Combine mango and next 5 ingredients (through chile). Add 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; set aside.
- 4. Sprinkle salmon with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place plank on grill rack; grill 3 minutes or until lightly charred. Turn plank over; place fish on charred side. Cover; grill 8 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Place each fillet on a plate; top each with 1/3 cup mango salsa.