Photo: Johnny Autry and Randy Mayoy; Styling: Cindy Barr and Lindsey Lowe
Glazed Chicken and Szechuan Noodle Salad
1 tablespoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lower-sodium soy sauce
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 6 ounces uncooked udon noodles (thick, fresh Japanese wheat noodles) or whole-wheat linguine
- 1/4 cup bottled Szechuan sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cup matchstick-cut carrots
- 1/2 cup matchstick-cut green onions
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- 2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl; stir well. Add chicken; toss to coat.
- 3. Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 4 minutes on each side or until done. Remove from grill; cover.
- 4. Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain well. Combine Szechuan sauce, peanut butter, soy sauce, and juice in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add noodles, carrots, and green onions; toss and serve immediately with chicken.
- Mary Drennen, Cooking Light
- JULY 2012
- SOURCE: MyRecipes