Red Velvet Cake
|½||cup(s) unsalted butter, softened|
|4||large egg yolks|
|3||tablespoon(s) red food coloring|
|1.5||teaspoon(s) vanilla extract|
|2.25||cup(s) sifted cake flour|
|1||teaspoon(s) baking soda|
|1||teaspoon(s) white vinegar|
|Cooked Vanilla Icing|
(See Recipe Below)
Cooked Vanilla Icing
- 1/4 cup(s) All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cup(s) Whole Milk
- 2 cup(s) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 2 cup(s) Confectioners' Sugar
- 2 teaspoon(s) Vanilla Extract
- In a medium saucepan, whisk the flour and milk together until smooth. Place the saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring constantly, until thick -- about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cool to room temperature, and set aside. In a medium bowl and using a mixer set on high speed, beat the butter and sugar until light.
- Add the vanilla, reduce mixer speed to medium, and slowly add the cooled milk mixture. Beat for 1 more minute.