- 3 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, halved
- 1 (1.61-ounce) package brown gravy mix
- 1 (10 1/2-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- Hot cooked egg noodles or rice
- Garnish: chopped fresh parsley
- Place first 3 ingredients in a 6-quart slow cooker.
- Whisk together gravy mix and next 3 ingredients; pour evenly over beef and vegetables. Add bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 6 hours. Remove and discard bay leaf. Serve over noodles. Garnish, if desired.