Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr
- Cooking spray
- 4 (4-ounce) beef tenderloin steaks, trimmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/2 cup prechopped red onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (5-ounce) bag baby arugula
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle beef with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Add beef to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Remove beef from pan; keep warm.
- 2. Melt butter in pan; coat pan with cooking spray. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, remaining 1/8 teaspoon pepper, red onion, and mushrooms to pan; sauté 4 minutes or until mushrooms release their liquid. Combine juice and arugula in a large bowl. Add mushroom mixture to arugula mixture; toss gently to combine. Arrange 1 1/2 cups salad mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 1 steak.
- Laura Zapalowski, Cooking Light
- Source: MyRecipes.com