- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 cup finely ground walnuts
- 1/2 cup fine, dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 4 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 16 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Buttermilk-Honey Dressing - See Below
- Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap; flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Brush buttermilk evenly over chicken.
- Combine walnuts, breadcrumbs, and salt in a shallow dish; dredge chicken in mixture.
- Pour oil into a large skillet; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken, and cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Cut chicken crosswise into thin slices.
- Combine salad greens and spinach, and arrange on each of 4 individual plates. Sprinkle with cheese, and top with tomato halves and chicken. Serve with Buttermilk-Honey Dressing on the side.
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a wire whisk.
- SOURCE: MyRecipes