Photo By: Randy Mayor
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups hulled strawberries
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle prosecco or other sparkling wine, chilled
- Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar dissolves. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat.
- Place sugar mixture, strawberries, and lemon juice in a blender; process until smooth. Pour pureed strawberry mixture through a sieve over a medium bowl, reserving liquid. Discard solids.
- Place 3 tablespoons strawberry mixture into each of 8 Champagne flutes. Pour 1/3 cup wine into each flute.