Photo: Bob Esparza; Styling: Cindy Barr
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast tenders
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onion
- 1 cup thinly vertically sliced red bell pepper (about 1 medium)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced exotic mushroom blend (such as shiitake, cremini, and oyster)
- 3 tablespoons Marsala wine
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add chicken breast tenders to pan; sauté 7 minutes or until the chicken is done. Remove chicken from pan. Add sliced onion and sliced bell pepper to pan; sauté 5 minutes or until onion starts to brown.
- Add olive oil, salt, black pepper, and presliced exotic mushrooms to pan; sauté 3 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and onion starts to caramelize. Add Marsala wine and chicken to pan, and cook for 1 minute or until thoroughly heated. Serve immediately.