- Crisco® Butter Flavor No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups Pillsbury BEST® All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plain yogurt (not non-fat)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- Peel of 1 lemon, grated
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 2 cups blueberries
- Sweetened whipped cream or ice cream
- PLACE oven rack in center position. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- WHISK together flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- COMBINE yogurt, sugar, eggs, lemon peel and almond extract in a large bowl; whisk well to blend. Gradually whisk dry ingredients into yogurt mixture. Stir in oil; mix until well combined. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
- BAKE until cake begins to pull away from sides and toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes. Cool in pan on rack for 5 minutes. Using a small, sharp knife, cut around edge of cake to loosen. Turn cake out onto rack; turn upright and cool completely.
- SPRAY grill grate with no-stick cooking spray; heat grill. Gently mix together sugar and fruit in medium bowl; toss to coat. Set aside at room temperature.
- SLICE pound cake into 8 to 10 slices; spray both sides with no-stick cooking spray. Grill cake slices 1 to 2 minutes per side or just until lightly grill marked.
- PLACE 1 to 2 slices on each dessert plate; top with whipped cream or ice cream, fruit and juices from fruit.
- TIP Quick and Easy Option: Use a purchased pound cake; proceed as directed for topping and grilling.
- Source: Pillsbury Baking