Photo: Randy Mayor; Melanie J. Clarke
- Cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon dry breadcrumbs
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16-ounce) carton fat-free sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-hazelnut spread (such as Nutella)
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray; dust with breadcrumbs.
- Place granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add vanilla and sour cream; beat until well blended.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups, and level with a knife. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until well combined. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Spoon half of batter into prepared Bundt pan; sprinkle evenly with hazelnuts. Drop small spoonfuls of chocolate spread over nuts. Spoon remaining batter over chocolate spread; swirl batter using the tip of a knife. Bake at 350° for 55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes; remove cake from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle cake with powdered sugar.