Photo: Johnny Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
- 1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 (6-ounce) chicken cutlets $
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese $
- 3/4 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- Rosemary leaves (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°.
- 2. Combine buttermilk and mustard in a shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Add chicken to buttermilk mixture, turning to coat.
- 3. Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add panko to pan; cook 3 minutes or until golden, stirring frequently. Combine panko, nuts, and next 4 ingredients (through pepper) in a shallow dish. Remove chicken from buttermilk mixture; discard buttermilk mixture. Dredge chicken in panko mixture.
- 4. Arrange a wire rack on a large baking sheet; coat rack with cooking spray. Arrange chicken on rack; coat chicken with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 13 minutes or until chicken is done. Garnish with rosemary leaves, if desired.
Laraine Perri, Cooking Light