Photo: Michael Paul
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 8 slices white or whole-wheat bread
- 1/2 rotisserie chicken, meat shredded (2 cups)
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the butter on one side of each slice of bread, then lay 4 of them on a greased baking sheet, butter-side down.
Divide the chicken among the 4 slices and top with some of the cheese and apple slices. Place the remaining bread slices on top, butter-side up. Bake for 10 minutes. Turn and bake until crispy and golden, about 10 minutes more. Cut in half and serve immediately.
Kay Chun, Meals Made Easy, Real Simple