Photography: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Melanie J. Clarke
- 1/2 cup jerk sauce, divided
- 1 cup vertically sliced onion
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds), skinned
- 4 chicken thighs (about 1 pound), skinned
- 1/2 cup light beer
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- Cooking spray
- Julienne-cut green onions
- Combine 1/4 cup jerk sauce and next 5 ingredients (1/4 cup jerk sauce through garlic) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator overnight, turning occasionally. Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade.
- Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
- Combine 1/4 cup jerk sauce, beer, ketchup, and hot sauce.
- Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 20 minutes or until done, turning and basting frequently with beer mixture. Garnish chicken with green onions, if desired.