- 1 (1/4 oz.) packet unflavored gelatin
- 2 (12 oz.) bags frozen raspberries, thawed
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 cups heavy cream
- Place 1/4 cup water in a cup and sprinkle gelatin on top. Set aside to soften.
- In a bowl, mash raspberries with a whisk or potato masher and then strain into another bowl to remove seeds. You will have about 1 2/3 cups puree. Add sugar and lemon juice and stir until sugar dissolves.
- Microwave softened gelatin for 30 seconds on high power. Measure 1/4 cup raspberry puree and set aside. Whisk gelatin into remaining raspberry puree.
- Whip cream until stiff. Gently fold in one third of raspberry-gelatin mixture until nearly incorporated. Fold in remaining raspberry mixture in 2 more batches in same manner. Drizzle reserved raspberry puree onto mousse and fold once or twice. (Do not overblend if you want decorative streaks.)
- Scrape mousse into a glass bowl, cover and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours. Serve in individual glass bowls or dishes.