Photo: Justin Walker; Food Styling: Simon Andrews; Prop Styling: Kaitlyn du Ross
- 1 pound 90% lean ground sirloin
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) hamburger buns
- 3 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/3 cup cilantro sprigs
- 1. Combine ground sirloin, chopped cilantro, salt, and pepper in a bowl; mix just until combined. Divide sirloin mixture into 4 equal portions, gently shaping each into a 1/2-inch-thick patty (about 3 1/2 inches in diameter).
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add patties to pan; grill 4 minutes. Carefully turn patties; grill 4 minutes or until desired degree of doneness. Remove patties from pan. Add buns, cut sides down, to pan; grill 1 minute or until toasted.
- 3. Combine mayonnaise and Sriracha in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on bottom half of each bun; top each with 1 patty. Divide cilantro sprigs evenly among servings; top with top halves of buns.
David Bonom, Cooking Light