Photo: Randy Mayor; Styling: Lindsey Lower
- 3 ounces white cheddar cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 8 (3/4-ounce) slices multigrain bread
- 8 thin tomato slices, seeded
- 1 ripe peeled avocado, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1. Sprinkle 3 tablespoons cheddar cheese over each of 4 bread slices. Top each with 2 tomato slices. Arrange avocado slices evenly over tomato slices. Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper. Top with remaining 4 bread slices. Lightly coat outsides of sandwiches with cooking spray.
- 2. Heat a grill pan over medium heat. Place sandwiches in pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until bread is toasted and well marked and cheese melts. Cut each sandwich in half; serve immediately.
Adam Hickman, Cooking Light